Mustang Survival M.I.T. Automatic Inflatable PFD
With 28 LBS of buoyancy when inflated—1.5x more buoyancy than regular foam PFDs— the M.I.T. PFD is an innovative approach to flotation perfect for inshore and coastal adventures. The MIT 100 offers a streamlined, comfortable and easy-to-wear solution no matter your adventure.
The high tenacity nylon used in the face fabric allows this new version to be softer, more supple, and lighter weight than previous versions, and adds even more ‘all day’ to MIT 100’s all-day comfort. Adjustable waist belt offers customized fit for you + your guests and can accommodate outerwear if needed. Large arm cut outs mean full mobility. Manual inflation handle is easily accessible when needed. Membrane Inflatable Technology means a light, flexible fit, and easy re-packing when it comes time to recharge. Make your inshore and coastal days memorable in a PFD you don’t have to think twice about.
Proposition 65 WARNING for California residents: click here
- Approval: USCG – Recreational Type III (Meets minimum buoyancy rating of 22.5 LBS), Commercial Type V (Type III performance approved only when worn)
- Automatically inflates upon water immersion
- Provides 28 LBS of buoyancy when inflated - 1.5x regular foam PFDs
- Exclusive Membrane Inflatable Technology™ (M.I.T.) creates a lightweight, flexible fit
- High tenacity nylon face fabric provides supple feel while providing durability
- Will self-right most wearers (face-up) once inflated
- Inflator inspection window and easy access flap
- 1-fold, easy to repack design
- Also includes manual inflation cord
- 1.5” Buckle Belt Extender sold separately (model #MA7637)
- Compatible with Re-arm Kit D (model #MA2014)
Learn more about the Mustang Survival PFD Classification System here.
Learn more about Mustang's Hydrostatic Inflator Technology with Hammar® here.